• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hodgy

Phase1 To Phase2

hodgy

im doing a complete phase1 to a phase2 engine swap (1.9 gti)

for the gear box ive got clutch pedal,cable and the right clutch to put in

as for the engine is the amplifier and coil any different? i think the wires for the starter motor and alternator are different but im gonna use my old ones.i know the water bottle is a different shape but can i still use my old one?and will the pipes and everything still be ok to use

any help would be apreciated

lee

steve@cornwall
im doing a complete phase1 to a phase2 engine swap (1.9 gti)

for the gear box ive got clutch pedal,cable and the right clutch to put in

as for the engine is the amplifier and coil any different? i think the wires for the starter motor and alternator are different but im gonna use my old ones.i know the water bottle is a different shape but can i still use my old one?and will the pipes and everything still be ok to use

any help would be apreciated

lee

If you just disconnect pipes and wiring from your old unit- they'll just plug back in in the same place.

I believe there may be some issues with the adjustment of the gear shift link balljoints in going from be1 to be3 box, I've used the links from the 'box of the donor 1.9, so can't be of more help on this!

vince

I've no experience, but the reverse gear on BE1 and BE3 are not at the same place on the grid and are not selected the same way so as steve@cornwall said may be a good idea to use the gear lever and linkage from the BE3 gearbox...

vince

hodgy

ive got the stick n linkages for the swap.

Sign in to follow this