• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Tach Relay

Richie-Van-GTi

Need to know if I can ditch my tach relay in favour of a normal relay duiring a carb conversion.

I want the fuel pump to still cut off when the engine isnt running but most the wiring guides for carbs seem to suggest a constant switched live for the fuel pump. Can I not instead wire a relay upso that the negative terminal on the coil keeps it running when the engine is running and also have a seperate feed from ignition position 3 so it pumps when ignition key is turned for starter to engage? Reason I ask is I know in the standard loom with ECU etc the pump wont fire up through tach relay when the AFM is unplugged and I want to ditch as much wiring as possible.

pug309twin40s

the tachematric ralay controls the fuel pump, ignition coil and amp and the startor motor.

you can strip out all the injection stuff out the loom and still have the tach relay working fine as i did that on my goodwood with twin48s on mi16 engine.

feb

Does anyone know the part number and any idea of price?

Where is it located?

Thanks,

Edited by feb

Richie-Van-GTi

of what the tach relay? dont know part number but its located with the ECU in the dashboard on the RH drive cars, not sure if its the opposite way round on LH drive cars.

Pug309twin40's Im guessing your using an MI loom which doesnt require the AFM to be plugged in to run. Think I might have to check which wire need to come live from the AFM and bridge it to a sitched live, hopefully that will sort it.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

pug309twin40s
of what the tach relay? dont know part number but its located with the ECU in the dashboard on the RH drive cars, not sure if its the opposite way round on LH drive cars.

Pug309twin40's Im guessing your using an MI loom which doesnt require the AFM to be plugged in to run. Think I might have to check which wire need to come live from the AFM and bridge it to a sitched live, hopefully that will sort it.

nope 8v loom with only the sensors wires and ignition wires with tachemtric relay left on it. i stripped all the injection bits of it.

which loom you got?

Richie-Van-GTi

phase 1 8v loom, for some reason my fuel pump is dead with the AFM unplugged.

Sign in to follow this