• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rutlandguy

Front Seat Swap

rutlandguy

As title, the seats look as if they swap over just by changing the handle that gives you access to the rear over to the other side of the chair. Is it as easy as it looks?

Guest rick03054

The tilting handle is part of the subframe. Just take a passenger seat off the subframe and put it on the drivers one. It's attached by 4 T40 torxbolts.

This just means the knob to adjust the back of the seat will be on the wrong side, i.e. in the middle.

Baz

The adjuster knobs are in the middle anyway! :)

The tilting lever may get in the way when subframes are swapped round.

Baz

Also you couldn't use the plastic trim as it wouldn't go over the adjuster knob.

steve@cornwall

The covers of the 1/2 leather come off quite easily (take the back one off with the foam)and can be swapped relatively easily- swapped a ph2 black and red rear in less than an hour yesterday. tyhe bases are easier

That way all controlls are in the right place. It's really just a case of removing the copper/brass retainers- pulling off the cover, the headreast retainers are kept in by spring clips that can be slid off when the cover is 80% slid-off and refitting. Strip the old seat first- what can you loose?

Guest rick03054
The adjuster knobs are in the middle anyway! :P

The tilting lever may get in the way when subframes are swapped round.

Oops :) I've been pissing about with my seats so much recently I must have got a bit mixed up there!

Baz
The covers of the 1/2 leather come off quite easily (take the back one off with the foam)and can be swapped relatively easily- swapped a ph2 black and red rear in less than an hour yesterday. tyhe bases are easier

That way all controlls are in the right place. It's really just a case of removing the copper/brass retainers- pulling off the cover, the headreast retainers are kept in by spring clips that can be slid off when the cover is 80% slid-off and refitting. Strip the old seat first- what can you loose?

Sorry, a bit confused, -so it's pretty easy to just swap the covers? So could change a half leather set of covers to a better frame and foams etc for example?

Oops :blush: I've been pissing about with my seats so much recently I must have got a bit mixed up there!

Had to double check myself anyway! :)

Sign in to follow this