• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

1.9 Td In 205 - Gearbox Issue

foreigner

Another silly question from me.

I am planning to put 1.9 td engine from my crashed 306 into 205.

I want to use 1.6 gti gearbox.

Any issues with it or which one is the best to use.

Edited by foreigner

DTORU

if using the gti gear box you'll need to change the clutch as most 306s use a pull clutch where gti 205's use a push clutch, you'll need a 405 MI16 clutch as this clutch is push clutch and is the correct size for the 1.9td flywheel (i think its 240mm) where as the gtis use a 215mm cltuch.

foreigner

Thanx for that.

So you think that 1.6gti gearbox would be ok? or you recomend some other gearbox?

Hilgie

The 1.6GTi box is way and way too short for running on a derv engine.

RossD
Im going to run a 306 S16 Box on my 1.9td

Your ok with a 90mph top speed then?! The diesel just hasn't got the revs to use a petrol gearbox!! :)

jim21070
Your ok with a 90mph top speed then?! The diesel just hasn't got the revs to use a petrol gearbox!! :)

Or the power band to suit. TBH I cannot think of a worse combination. The car will be horrible to drive.

Richie-Van-GTi

best box for acceleration on the 1.9td is a 1.5d box out of a 106 , I used to run a 1.9 n/a derv box on my 1.9td which was good, would outrun most 1.9 td's and was great up hills etc. They dont drive very well at all on petty boxes,.

inferno

when are you ever going to take a derv over 90mph on the road? or any car come to think of it...

the s16 box would be better than the 1.6 i would of thought. although imo u should use the box u have on the engine in the 306 and just modify or change the 205 cable to suit.

foreigner
when are you ever going to take a derv over 90mph on the road? or any car come to think of it...

the s16 box would be better than the 1.6 i would of thought. although imo u should use the box u have on the engine in the 306 and just modify or change the 205 cable to suit.

i thought about that too.

what about driveshafts? do i have to change them or htey will fit?

DTORU

The drive shafts are all the same fitment m8 so yes there will work. AS for the cable you change the clutch release bearing arm/shaft for the one out of the 205 box your already running and use the release bearing from the same box, that way everything work ok, basicly converting a pull clutch in to a push clutch.

As for using the s16 geabox, ive had the car on the rollers and it revs to 6500 and produces peak power at 6000, when i get the cam its should move the peak power to 6500-7000 so only about 500 rpm less than the S16 motor. So its should be very good, asmost the same as an S16, changed the box as i want a top end of about 140mph, but still want some decent acceleration. Untill ive tried it i wont know, if it does'nt work to well ive got a 1.9td citroen xanita box than tops out at 120mph that ill have to resort to using.

Thanks

DTORU

Edited by DTORU

foreigner

Just one more detail.

Can I use standard engine and gearbox mounts of the 306 to fit engine into 205 or do I special one?

Sign in to follow this