• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Can't Get The Ride Height Right

christopher

When I installed the 1,9 beam last summer I lowered it but couldn't get it to look level with the front (that has lowered springs). I decided to go with what looked best at the time. It was either too high or too low.

Does anyone know how much one thin spine translates to a drop/raise of ride height in mm?

Dj_mini

Remove the tb completly then you can re set it at any height you want.

Anthony
Does anyone know how much one thin spine translates to a drop/raise of ride height in mm?

About 35mm, give or take.

Remember that the front and rear arches are different heights, and hence the back of the car subjectively looks lower than it really is as a result.

christopher
Remove the tb completly then you can re set it at any height you want.

I did this and adjusted on the side with the thin splines and not the other end with the thick splines

About 35mm, give or take.

Remember that the front and rear arches are different heights, and hence the back of the car subjectively looks lower than it really is as a result.

Anthony isn't 35mm teh value for the thick spline not the thin ones?

Here are some pics. I have the rusty 13" wheels on at the moment

picture101largemt6.th.jpg

picture100largeog5.th.jpg

Anthony
Anthony isn't 35mm teh value for the thick spline not the thin ones?

Ah, my bad - clearly should make sure I've had my morning caffiene before replying to threads... :)

The splined end that goes into the beamtube is about 35mm per spline. Not sure on what the drop is per spline at the end that goes into the trailing arm.

However, if you've managed to free off the trailing arm end which is often a complete sod to do, then why not just do the job properly by removing the torsion bar completely and setting the ride height exactly as you want? The only real reason to do the lowering using the splines method is because of how much of a pig it can be to remove the bars from the trailing arms, so if you've already done that...

Dj_mini

Like i said remove the bar completley set the swing arm to the height you want allowing 5mm or so for the sag that you will get then keep twisting the bar round untill it pops home both ends. This way you can set it at any height you want give or take 2 or 3mm.

Sign in to follow this