• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt205xs

Some Final Mi Problems,

matt205xs

firstly i left the mi to idle for a while sat, now ive sorted the water leaks, all is well except for the coolant pipe running from the thermostat housing to the to of the expansion tank, this one gets very hot?

is this meant to happen, i dont ever recall feeling it like that on my old gti,

also took it for a quick test run and the speedo drive isnt working, it has a new cable in it, when i got back i pulled it out, gearbox end, turned to cog and speedo was twitching, so lined it up and put it bk in box, tried again, and it still not working! is there a special way of lining them up?

then there was some strange rattles from the back of car, first i thought it was the gear linkages, do these rattle if there nr broken? then i read up on here it might be heat shields which ill check,

then also as i went in a dip on the road there was a nose from the back which sounded like something (like a hammer) hitting metal? i thought something has come off, got home and checked it and all is fine?

pug_ham

The hose to the expansion tank will get roughly as hot as the water has, its part of the circuit.

Speedo cable just pushes in, no special way to align it or anything.

The rattling & clunk could be from a similar source, is the backbox hitting the torsion bars when you come off the power & has the heatshield either above it or above the fuel tank come loose?

Graham.

matt205xs

ok, thanks graham, just cant work out the speedo cable tho, i can turn it fine in my hand but it doesnt work when in the gear box :blink:

Sign in to follow this