• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ady

Washer Pump

ady

ok im a bit puzzled by this, most likely a simple answer thou..

basically my front washer pump doesnt work. heres the odd bit, if i unplug the connector the wipers do their usual 3 sweeps but if its plugged in they dont move. i have tested with a multimeter and im getting 12V but if i switch to measure amps the wipers dont sweep again?

tested with a brand new washer pump and it doesnt work, also checked my fuses.

is this a short somewhere? or a dodgy relay? :)

any help would be appriciated

cheers

ADY

MikeHunt79

I don't know if it's the same problem thats on mine, but the connection gets corroded. I shoved some wires straight from the battery to the pump and it works fine. I'm also getting 12v from the connector. Pug should have used gold plated contacts as gold doesn't corrode. Whatever pug used does. I eventually cut the connector off and soldered the wires straight onto the pump then used hot glue to seal it all up and it works a treat. :)

ady

i have cut the connector off and replaced with two spade connectors, so i dont think its that..

any other ideas?

cheers Ady

B1LLY

got the same prob as you mate

wipers move 3 times when not connected but when its connected they dont move

have checked that the pump is working by connecting it up to the rear washer and it works fine

so am either going to replace the wiper stalk or connect it to a switch in the car ............

anyone

if i connect it to a switch what amp wire do i use

was in halfords today and the wire packet said 17 amp for use with washers but the switches have a max of 16 amp

Edited by B1LLY

Sign in to follow this