• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest payne3400

What Flywheel Do I Need?

Guest payne3400

Hi all! Was just wondering what flywheel options there are for the 2.0turbo 8v. My engine is from a 406, and I'm using a 205 1.6 box. I was told I need an MI16 flywheel, but after been conned on ebay by some towrag :D , I'm finding it seemingly impossible to find another one!

Any Ideas? :)

sonofsam

Yeh you need an Mi16 Flywheel and clutch.Did take me a good few weeks to source one, plus you ideally want a 1.9 be3 gearbox to go with it;)

keep looking...Maybe try www.parts-gateway.co.uk or Breakeryard.com

welshpug

have you got the turbo flywheel?

inferno

the turbo flywheel doesnt fit without machining the be3 casing iirc.

use the mi16 or later 1.9 non afm tyrp engine flywheels, ie citroen zx volcane.

should be plenty in the scrappy

Miles

Only use the S16, GTi6, ZX16, Xantia VSX or Mi flywheels as the clutch can handle more power, as the plate is 215mm compared to the std 200 of most other models

Guest payne3400
Yeh you need an Mi16 Flywheel and clutch.Did take me a good few weeks to source one, plus you ideally want a 1.9 be3 gearbox to go with it;)

keep looking...Maybe try www.parts-gateway.co.uk or Breakeryard.com

Hi, why am I better with a 1.9 box rather than the 1.6? I always thought the 1.6 box was stronger!?

Guest payne3400
have you got the turbo flywheel?

Yes I have the turbo flywheel, why?

sonofsam

Nowt to do with strength dude, although Be3's are supposed to be and you need the hole in it for the TDC sensor anyway..Its the gear ratio themselves that differ.1.6 being to short for a Turbo application.

Guest payne3400
Nowt to do with strength dude, although Be3's are supposed to be and you need the hole in it for the TDC sensor anyway..Its the gear ratio themselves that differ.1.6 being to short for a Turbo application.

I have a 1.9 BE3 at the end of my garden, but theres no drive through 5th gear, are these the same, or is 5th ratio different aswell?

Miles

BE1 and BE3 are basically the same, Not one is stronger than the other, Only the 16v/TD case is more rigid.

A 1.6 box would be silly on a turbo, the 1.9 as said is good as it suits the engine, 2>5 are the same it's just the CWP that is different

Guest payne3400
BE1 and BE3 are basically the same, Not one is stronger than the other, Only the 16v/TD case is more rigid.

A 1.6 box would be silly on a turbo, the 1.9 as said is good as it suits the engine, 2>5 are the same it's just the CWP that is different

Hi, both my 1.6 and 1.9 boxes are BE3's. So 5th gear from my 1.6 should be the same and swap straight onto my 1.9 box!? What do you mean by CWP? :)

Sign in to follow this