• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
greig

Bent Bumper Iron!

greig

Hi there, I had a small difference of opinion with a tree which has bent my bumper iron back in on itself. How do I go about replacing it? Wheres it attached/what to? I assume Ill have to take the wing off?

Any help/advice would be great,

Cheers,

Greig

ironmu9.jpg

Edited by greig

easypug

Two bolts, the one you can see at the front. Also one further back. No need to take the wing off :D.

greig

that was quick! cheers easypug. is the one at the back easy to get to?

welshpug

the second bolt is on the inner end of the bar in the wheelarch that is bolted to the bottom of the wing, though they WILL be damned rusty! best way forward is to grind off the protruding threads so that the nut doesnt jam on the rusty bit and comes off the stud.

the bumper iron can be straightened easily with the assistance of a suitable vice!

Need a bumper and spoiler? :D

Edited by welshpug

James_m

And they will almost certainly shear.

greig

cheers james, yeh ive already learnt that taking the bumper off. cheers for the advice welsh, just got a new bumper/valance last week im afraid, ta for the offer tho.

Greig

Paintguy

Can't you just straighten it in situ?

Much less hassle than finding a new one, and risking shearing off the bolts :D

rooster

PA300028.jpg

i have this set of front bumper struts i got off ebay but never fitted yours for £10 plus postage if ya want em

they are in top nik no rust and i think never been fitted.

pm me if ya want em

Grim.Badger

They're only about £7 each from peugeot iirc, I wouldn't straighten them as the bend will have weakened the metal making it less capable of keeping damage away from the chasis next time.

greig

yeh for the sake of a few quid ill just get a replacement, its pretty badly bent, dont think it would be overly easy to reshape.

stu_woac

I reshaped mine in situ and just with my hands these arent a impact designed part of a 205 they just bend back on them selfs, made with soft metal too

greig

haha! done it, piece of piss, dont know what my problem was lol rooster that pic was actually pretty helpful, already got a new one on the way from dino though (hopefully!) the first nut came off a treat with a bit of wd40 and a good yank, the second one, as predicted sheared almost instantly. stu if you can bend those things striaght with your bare hands then maybe you should consider getting a leopard skin tunic and a handlebar moustache and joining the circus as a strongamn - coulndt get it to budge at all! :blink:

cheers for the help guys,

Greig

stu_woac

LOL well I did so maybe I will lol

it wasnt perfect (due to the car moving with it) but it got the bumper on for a while, until my new on turn up