• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonzai

Mi16 Distributer Cap

Bonzai

does anybody know how much length there is supposed to be on the plunger bit of the dizzy cap?

mine is down to about 4mm and looks quite charred, im wondering if this could be causing what i can only describe as a mini misfire on light throttle

Normski

The spring loaded centre contact that you are asking about is around 10mm on mine, it's a pretty new cap. They do wear down over time. As long as it's making contact it should work alright. There not exactly cheap, £55 from Euro car parts. :D

Bonzai

managed to get a picture before it got too dark

Image003.jpg

can anyone help? looking again, it seems even less than 4mm protruding

welshpug

any idea how old it is?

might be worth trying a new one and having it as a spare if it doesnt sort the misfire.

from GSF - N92110 DISTRIBUTOR CAP 405 MI16 DUCELLIER* £25.00

(plus vat and before any discount) and the rotor arm is another 19 odd quid, which I find rather odd considering both items for a bosh dizzy theat the 8v uses is £14!

d-9

try 205 parts, theyre £20 from there iirc.

Bonzai

its approx 5000 miles old, only 3 or 4 months worth!

i'll probably try and pick up a replacement from GSF tomorrow on the way home from work, assuming i make it! I cant wait very long to replace it as its driving me crazy

Bonzai

Ive sourced one from eurocarparts, apparantly they only have 2 in the UK and its £18. something + vat, the rotor arm is separate and another £14.something + vat

KRISKARRERA
Ive sourced one from eurocarparts, apparantly they only have 2 in the UK and its £18. something + vat, the rotor arm is separate and another £14.something + vat
Eh?! WTF!? Only 2 in the UK?

Bonzai

for eurocarparts yes. and now its only 1 in the UK, or more specifically, its in Glasgow. They only have 4 rotor arms too

halfords can get them but itll take a week and they're pricier, i didnt bother going to gsf

DrSarty

If you didn't get your cap, I have a new, boxed one, complete with the white base plate that you can have shipped (UK) for 16quid. Let us know eh.

Dr S :o

James_R

The cap was replaced back in august just before the drivers ring trip, there's no real reason it's died so quick, unless you want to try and bnlame raised compression on it, the car went to the ring, combe and anglesea and did about 2000miles road miles aswell. seems odd. :)

Bonzai

turns out it was a fault with one of the leads, teh dizzy cap just mislead me into believing it was at fault due to the way it looks.

i bought the cap thanks dr sarty (hence now only 1 in euroicarparts stock) i'm going to hoarde it regardless, :)

KRISKARRERA

But surely more stock arriving at some point? They can't be discontinued because demand is still high with all the Mi16 205s about.

Bonzai

It wasn't said, but you would of thought/hoped so huh. My invoivce says that they are no longer available from dealer, i assume that means citroen/peugeot ran out of stock.

James_R

one of the leads wasn't pushed down enough? they're genuine beru pug jobs to :huh:

jim205GTI

i rodered an mi cap on monday and went to pick it up today and they had to get that in from somewhere else :)

Sign in to follow this