• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309PUG

Dta

309PUG

Just want to say a big thankyou to M@tt for helping me remove all surplus wiring (and there is a lot) and more importantly plumbing in my DTA, we also fitted a starter button and a fan over ride switch to finish things off.

I was impressed by M@tts aptitude at all things electrical.

Next step is a sensor check / test via laptop, some basic engine specific data, then turn the key :rolleyes:

Chris

PS M@tt next task is to see if we can wire up the DTA to the existing tacho, that should be fun !!

smckeown

cool, what are you running ? E38 or S60 ?

M@tt

:rolleyes::D

I'll do owt for food :D

She'll be a beast once she's running and mapped properly.

My Mi16 started pretty much after the first turn of the key so i'm hoping for 2 out of 2 B)

:::> Sean she's E38

Edited by M@tt

Paintguy

Well done fellas, although I'll save they full blown congratulations until she fires up :rolleyes: And my apologies for being too wrapped up in other stuff to be able to come and lend a hand, like I promised...

You were expecting to shed a bit of weight by cutting out all the dead wood Chris, have you any idea how much you got rid of?

Rippthrough

Oh good, someone local to help with my Megasquirt install then :rolleyes:

pug_ham

Nice one Chris, the tacho can be sorted with one from a late 405, see the aftermarket ecu / tacho topics in this section.

My Mi16 started pretty much after the first turn of the key so i'm hoping for 2 out of 2 :)

Hmm, wonder who gave you all the pointers for the wires. :D

Graham.

309PUG

Sean, it's an E48 actually but who cares.

When you have only indicators, wiper and brake lights operational you can imagine how much wiring we got rid of. Will be taking it to Mikeanics for mapping, he expects it to make 180 bhp on his rollers minimum.

Andy, weight wise, last time it weighed in at 930 Kg, since then a fair bit of fettling has gone on, my target is 850Kg but I don't think I am any way near, will soon find out. My guess is 900 Kg

Chris

309PUG

Well the intensions were to fire it up last night, however getting the ECU and Laptop to 'handshake' so to speak was becoming tiresome. We were using Matts laptop with a USB - Serial adapter (no serial port on the back of his laptop) and after much tweaking / head scratching the damn thing would not connect properly.

So we called for backup in the guise of Henry York who had a laptop with serial port, I don't think it took much persuading for him to call round :)

We loaded the DTA software onto his latop, plugged the serial lead in and hey presto 'Huston we have contact' we then set about loading all my engine specifics to the base map supplied and finally we hit the starter button, only for it to cough and splutter and eventually run out of battery power. Out came the spare battery and jump leads and we tried again, whooopeee it runs. :(

Sounds very throaty as TB's do, was well chuffed that all the work Matt and myself wiring it all in was a complete success.

Also big thanks to Henry for popping over at a minutes notice.

Chris

Rippthrough
Well the intensions were to fire it up last night, however getting the ECU and Laptop to 'handshake' so to speak was becoming tiresome. We were using Matts laptop with a USB - Serial adapter (no serial port on the back of his laptop) and after much tweaking / head scratching the damn thing would not connect properly.

So we called for backup in the guise of Henry York who had a laptop with serial port, I don't think it took much persuading for him to call round :D

We loaded the DTA software onto his latop, plugged the serial lead in and hey presto 'Huston we have contact' we then set about loading all my engine specifics to the base map supplied and finally we hit the starter button, only for it to cough and splutter and eventually run out of battery power. Out came the spare battery and jump leads and we tried again, whooopeee it runs. ;)

Sounds very throaty as TB's do, was well chuffed that all the work Matt and myself wiring it all in was a complete success.

Also big thanks to Henry for popping over at a minutes notice.

Chris

Yeah they're a bit iffy sometimes the usb-serial adaptors. Luckily I dropped on one that worked straight out of the box.

-Phillip

309PUG

Have had a change of plan of who to map my engine, was going to use Mikeanics in Congleton but have been recommended Power Developments near Clowne (just of J30 M1) we live at J31 M1 so very convenient.

Has anyone else ever used or even heard of Power Developments ???

Chris

Henry Yorke

I couldn't find their details on Yell the other day :unsure:

Sign in to follow this