• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Be3 Conversion?

Richie-Van-GTi

For some reason I cant find any info of use yet I know its on here somewhere.

If I stick a be3 box in place of my be1 what exactly do I need? Im guessing cable and pedal but seem to remember the linkages are the same? is this right?

Ive got issues with m,y 1.9 box (be1) and an MI clutch causing my clutch pedal to be a good 2 inch higher than the brake or accelerator. Any lower and I lose the bar out of it :(

welshpug

IIRC there should be a spring holding the two lever arms toghether so the bar doesnt fall out.

steve@cornwall
For some reason I cant find any info of use yet I know its on here somewhere.

If I stick a be3 box in place of my be1 what exactly do I need? Im guessing cable and pedal but seem to remember the linkages are the same? is this right?

Ive got issues with m,y 1.9 box (be1) and an MI clutch causing my clutch pedal to be a good 2 inch higher than the brake or accelerator. Any lower and I lose the bar out of it :(

Plus be3 thrust bearing...but wouldn't it be a lot less hassle to make a longer bar from an old bolt or something?

Richie-Van-GTi

Ive got a new be3 bearing as Im using MI clutch, aslo got a be3 box and 99% I have a be3 cable somewhere. Main concern is the linkages.

Miles

The gear linkages are the same, Just need small adjustment for the different angle of one selector on the box

Sign in to follow this