• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Walker

In Line Catalyst

Mike Walker

I've got what I think is an in line catalyst on my fuel line. Just wondering if this means that my engine was catalytic converter equiped originally (it's a 1.9 which has been put into a 1.6 by the previous owner) and also if I can just dump it?

Or even if i've got the wrong end of the stick and it has sod all to do with catalytic convertors :lol:

Edited by Mike Walker

Anthony

Have you got a picture of it?

pug_ham

Its probably one of those rubbish fuel convertors that do absolutely nothing imo.

Remove it.

Graham.

Mike Walker
Have you got a picture of it?

No but it looks like a bit like the one on this page http://www.broquet.co.uk/

It sits on the fuel line in the engine bay, not in the tank.

Mike Walker
Its probably one of those rubbish fuel convertors that do absolutely nothing imo.

Remove it.

Graham.

i.e. converting an engine designed to run on 4 star to one that can run on unleaded?

If our engines were designed to run on 4 star was there no conversion necessary to run it on unleaded?

welshpug

there was, adjust dizzy timing, depending on which engine, and also to run on Super but thats all it was.

Anthony

If it's one of those then just remove it - the heads were all fine for use with (super) unleaded fuel from the factory

pug_ham

Bin it, 1.6 can run u/l fine after adjusting timing. 1.9 really needs sul to get the best from it as it loses chunks of power & torque when the dizzy is adjusted for ul & the mpg gets worse.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this