• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sorr

Untwisting Flexible Brake Line

sorr

I have just put 307 calipers on and am struggling with the flexible brake line. The issue is that it appears twisted and I cannot see how you untwist it. It is fixed at both ends as is where it meets the solid pipe.

I am probably missing something really simple :lol: , so please tell me how to untwist it.

Thanks.

M@tt

you need to screw in both ends at the same time, it's a bit of a pain but just line each of the metal ends of the hose into their respective holes and then start rotating the hose so that both ends screw in together.

Hope that makes sense

sorr
you need to screw in both ends at the same time, it's a bit of a pain but just line each of the metal ends of the hose into their respective holes and then start rotating the hose so that both ends screw in together.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks for the reply. That is what I have done, all lines up correctley untill you put the caliper in position. There is some strange device between the flexi and hard pipe that I am sure must have something to do with positioning but dont know how to work it.

Damned annoying one side was spot on and the other went on twisted! Might just put the original brakes back on, much easier.

kyepan

have you tried unbolting the caliper, untwist it and then remount the caliper.

sorr
have you tried unbolting the caliper, untwist it and then remount the caliper.

Indeed I have, it would be fine if the caliper was upside down. So I think the pipe is 180 degrees out.

Bonzai

one of the reasons i bloody hate anything to do with brakes is the god awful fixings.

have you tried swapping the pipes from side to side, to see if theyre any better on the opposite caliper?

welshpug

you should be able to loosen the nut on the hard pipe, and turn the hose (the nut should turn with it as long as its not seized to the metal pipe) whn the hose is in the right place nip up the union (not by turning the hose but the other part)

Sign in to follow this