• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

Ice Advise Please.

boombang
I would forget about rear speakers - you aren't going to hear them and screw the passengers in the back. Quality set of comps up front and a small sub in the rear will be quite sufficent in a 205

That's how is should be for sound quality.

I don't mind admitting I am a recovered ICE head - used to spend thousands and at one point had 1kw of bass in my car... (at medium volume the eyeball jelly wobbled and you couldn't see, and at high volume it was hard to breath and you could feel your insides being thrown about - why I did it I don't know looking back, could've had a mint car with all that money I wasted).

After that I had a system designed purely for quality on a tight budget.

Every time I would pick an Alpine head unit - there is one for every budget, they don't look fussy and sound quality is very good.

A rough idea of what you want to spend would be great. For example a nice audiophile setup with a high end Alpine headunit, with a Genesis amp, components and subwoofers.

If you want to get into stupid money you can look at Rainbow speakers which can sounds absolutely mind blowing.

In a car like a 205 you tend to have rattles and lots of road noise.

I personally would be tempted with a budget Alpine setup. If you want a good bit of volume without going mad, an Alpine head unit to suit your budget, one 4 channel amp running components in the front and bridge the two rear channels to run a single 10" or 12" subwoofer.

I'd love to have a great install in my road car but these days just have greater priorities.

If you want a good starting point for head unit, I have an older but very very good Alpine unit but nowhere to put it (my Jeep already has a headunit!). Has every feature you ever could need, and very little use as sold the car it was in. Alpine 7894RB - around £350 new and as said every feature you'd ever want.

t16ryan

hey mate if you come for the badges you can have a look at mine in my convertable 205 2 x sony 12s 1 x 4 channel amp sony xplod fronts 5 inch and proven 140db ;)

Guest BrainFluid

Wowser! I dont think I could bring myself to spend over a grand on sound! Fair play though, it probably toughened up you interal organs for life, hehe.

Right now I do have to be careful with money because of the LPG kit saving along with my kids christmas ect but I needs to know what stuff to look out for at bargainous prices.

Your head unit sounds interesting, I'll pull up the specs off the net if I can find them but for now could you tell me if it has a input for my music laden psp? (hmm or could I plug that straight into the amp)...arg!

What kind of price are you looking for it Boombang mate?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there Ryan! Sure, I'ld like that man, still in scotland right now but back to suffolk next week mate. Must admit I've got a real soft spot for Sony too... ;)

Sign in to follow this