• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt205xs

Mi16 Water Dizzy

matt205xs

i have been trying to sort a leak from my water dizzy,

i thought it was just perished jubilee clips so i replaced them, but the is still a tiny drip which looks like its coming trougn where the dizzy joins to the block,

is there a gasket in there which might need replacing?

welshpug

whats a water dizzy??????

matt205xs

you knw the distribution block where all pipes go into at bottom of block??

pug_ham

There should be either a gasket, rubber or other depending on if the collector is plastic or alloy.

Most are plastic iirc & you need the rubber gasket to sit in the recess.

Parts CD.

Graham.

Jonmurgie

Its not a 'dizzy' which is actually used to describe the Distributor... it's the rear water distribution block :)

There isn't a gasket on there as far as I know (well, not on an Mi16 at least) so I just used some instant gasket stuff on my Mi16 and it seems to work. Just moe completely, clean both faces and re-fit with some gasket paste stuff, should do the trick :)

welshpug

rearwater.jpg

one of these?

matt205xs

thats it!

will remove it and gasket it up this weekend

cheers

Normski

I had a leak from the same place on my Mi16 motor. There is a gasket for that joint but I hadn't made a good enough job of cleaning the mating surfaces. Another lesson learnt. :)

When I put it back together I used the gasket along with some instant gasket sealer just to be sure.

maxi
Its not a 'dizzy' which is actually used to describe the Distributor... it's the rear water distribution block :)

There isn't a gasket on there as far as I know (well, not on an Mi16 at least) so I just used some instant gasket stuff on my Mi16 and it seems to work. Just moe completely, clean both faces and re-fit with some gasket paste stuff, should do the trick :)

There is a rubber 'O' ring between the distribution fitting andf the block. I always thoroughly clean both mating surfaces, get a new o ring of the right size from my local factors and seal with Pug Main Dealer "GOLD" sealer. They never leak. Be careful not to overtighten the 2 allen key bolts as this will distort the plastic and it will never seal.

Maxi

Sign in to follow this