• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mickie

Re-build Question

mickie

i never used assembly lube when re-building my engine and my mates got me worried saying my car is going to die or something.. i've only drove the car about 2 miles so far to the MOT station and thats it, i still need to fix my cracked manifold i bought of a guy from this forum, cheers :angry: it blows nice..

anyways ive did a search, not much on this problem.. any help would be nice. thanks

Beastie

Assembly lube is a great option. And for a standard engine that's just about it: It's an option. Most engine manufacturers in the 1980s didn't use it on the original cars and I doubt that Peugeot did either. If you have fitted an aftermarket camshaft and followers then you should have used the assembly lubricant recommended by the camshaft manufacturer. Otherwise I'd suggest not worrying about it - if the engine isn't going to fail because of this!

mickie

thanks beastie, you've put my mind to peace a bit there, i think my mate just reads up on things and tries to scare me sometimes..

ive used the original camshaft.. the only things ive changed is the piston rings, honed liners and new bottom end bearings..

so far tho the car runs nice, going to change oil after 50 miles and all that tho

Edited by mickie

Richie-Van-GTi

I got a spare mani for sale, no cracks if you need one. Im just down the road in boro.

mickie

thanks but im going to get someone to weld up my 4 branch magnex manifold..

seeing as ive spent £100 just buying it, wouldnt have thought someone off this forum would have sold me a cracked manifold, you just cant trust anyone can you :)

Sign in to follow this