• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Bad Road Manners

kate205gti

my mi16 has gradually developed hiccups.. not proper hiccups but he "kangaroos" on light throttle which goes away if i change up a gear or hoof it :angry:

ive tried resetting the throttle pot on the laptop which has marginally improved it i think but its still doing it :( any ideas where to look next please?? its a new thing thats been getting worse over the last month or two!

thanku :)

welshpug

does it only do it when on light throttle at around say 4-4.5k in 5th?

got something like that on mine and it seems like theres no spark for a split second as the rev counter sometimes flickers, annoyingly it doesnt do it all the time so i havent found what ti is yet!

kate205gti

was doing it about 3k cruising on the motorway earlier, but before then i only noticed it driving round town (would do it in 3rd so id have to stick it in 4th, etc..)

seems to be a bit random tbh :angry::)

Guest BrainFluid

I dont know, but, can a duff clutch not cause these symptoms?

Anthony
does it only do it when on light throttle at around say 4-4.5k in 5th?

got something like that on mine and it seems like theres no spark for a split second as the rev counter sometimes flickers, annoyingly it doesnt do it all the time so i havent found what ti is yet!

Replace the ignition amp and make sure it's got sufficient heatsink compound on the back

I dont know, but, can a duff clutch not cause these symptoms?

Nah, duff clutches either slip or judder generally.

It's feels like it's activating the overrun fuel cut when it shouldn't be, hence why I think it's a TPS related issue - the Emerald log should show the problem clearly enough if that's the case.

Robsbc
Replace the ignition amp and make sure it's got sufficient heatsink compound on the back

Nah, duff clutches either slip or judder generally.

It's feels like it's activating the overrun fuel cut when it shouldn't be, hence why I think it's a TPS related issue - the Emerald log should show the problem clearly enough if that's the case.

I'm sure the M3D ECU Kate is using has it's own ignition amp built in the ECU so won't be using an external one...

Could be the change in weather recently? How much time did Dave spend on the mapping?

Edited by Robsbc

Anthony
I'm sure the M3D ECU Kate is using has it's own ignition amp built in the ECU so won't be using an external one...

Sorry, that was a reply to the other guys problem rather than Kate's - should have made that clearer

PumaRacing

It possibly means the mixture is a bit weak at cruise and the cold dense air at this time of year is weakening it further and letting the problem show up. It's not uncommon for cars set up on the rollers when everything gets stinking hot to run weak once they're back out in the fresh air. Many years ago a friend set up my A Series engine on his rollers until the power was absolutely optimised but out on the road at cruise it was so weak I had to pull the choke part way out to get it to run clean. We kept richening it up and road testing it again until the rollers showed quite a loss of power but on the road it was perfect.

Just one more reason why I'm not a great fan of rolling roads.

You could add a bit more fuel to the cruise sites on your ecu map and see what happens. You can always go back to the original map.

smckeown

Might be worth getting in on the VEMS AFR meter group buy organised by cybernck before it ends soon...

Sign in to follow this