• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adrian_gti

2 Stage Boost Solenoid Diagram

adrian_gti

hey old chaps,

I've just got back from having my boost setup but for some reason no matter what they set it to on the actuator it will only boost at 5ish psi. Is it possible the solenoid has been plumbed in wrong?

Does anyone have a diagram of how the solenoid connects up. There are 3 hoses coming off the turbo and 3 pipes on the solenoid but I'm not sure how it goes on.

The reason i think it could be plumbed up wrong is that there is no difference between low boost and high boost... or atleast I cant feel any and it doesnt show on my gauge. the solenoid is deffinetly working and is getting power.

If it's not the plumbing any other ideas?

Any advice would be great!

cheers,

Adrian.

Edited by adrian_gti

Guest rick03054

This is the only pic of it I have at the moment

000_0156.jpg

You can kind of see where the hoses go to be sure yours are in the right places.

Edited by rick03054

TEKNOPUG

5psi is about right for low boost. So it could well be that the solenoid is plumbed in correctly but your boost switch is not.

I can't really see how having it plumbed in wrong would lead to these results. Surely it would either work or not? Sounds like it is permantly stuck on low boost - high boost not activating. Before you do anything, wind the actuator back in. Otherwise you'll fix the high boost button and suddenly have 2bar detonating your engine!

adrian_gti

cheers rick.. perfect :) I think I did plumb it in wrong from looking at the photo... wont have the car on ramp until monday so will find out then.

yep I'll make sure I do that... dont want another blown TT engine :P

cheers again guys... I owe so many peopel on here a pint!

Adrian.

Sign in to follow this