• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sorr

Mi Throttle Cable Mounting

sorr

Finally got my arse in gear and am well on the way with my Mi conversion. But do you need to modify the throttle cable connection placement?

I have a new throttle cable which looks like it will hit the bonnet if I do not alter the mounting bracket on the throttle body. The engine is originally off a 405 if that makes any difference.

KRISKARRERA

Got a pic? Sounds like yours has still got the bit on it for the lhd 405, my '92 405 was like that.

sorr

Thanks for the reply. Here is a picture.

post-3422-1161190718_thumb.jpg

KRISKARRERA

Yup thats's the sucker! It's for the LHD cars. You can remove that piece of sheeit! (I take it its got the RHD bracket on the inlet manifold just outside your pic?)

sorr
Yup thats's the sucker! It's for the LHD cars. You can remove that piece of sheeit! (I take it its got the RHD bracket on the inlet manifold just outside your pic?)

That is is the only braket I have :) . Time for a wanted post I think.

maxi

I can see slearly from that pic that the throttle body and possibly inlet manifold are not from a 405. For a start I can see the threaded hole in the inlet manifold for the 405 mounting to bolt too, also the extra linkage on the actual throttle body spindle that is held on with two screw/bolts is also missing. I would say thats the BX version which works fine with a universal throttle cable from pug, cut to length, routed across the fuel rail and entering from the top. The pedal is always lighter with the 405 setup.

Maxi

KRISKARRERA

That's odd, then my old 405 must have had a BX throttlebody. Anyway here's a pic of mine:

post-27-1161192882.jpg

Edited by KRISKARRERA

maxi

From the pic, it also looks like you have the later AMC throttle boddy not a webber one. These suffer from the screws holding the butterflies to the spindles undoing themselfs and thus being inducted into the engine and making a big mess. Check they are tight while you are there.

Maxi

sorr

Thanks for the replies. I will give it a bash as is, once the slam panel is back on.

Will also get some serious threadlock to make sure the screws stay put.

Maxi - While you are on can I ask another question. When you trim the downpipe do you re-angle it slightly or just chop a straight section out of it?

maxi
Thanks for the replies. I will give it a bash as is, once the slam panel is back on.

Will also get some serious threadlock to make sure the screws stay put.

Maxi - While you are on can I ask another question. When you trim the downpipe do you re-angle it slightly or just chop a straight section out of it?

You have to re-anlge the downpipe to match up to the mi manifold......

Maxi

Sign in to follow this