• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Gti6 Coils

pugpete1108

i am runnig emerald management on my gti6 in the future and as the 6 is fitted with individual coils on each plug ?? ,can i still use them or will i need to fit a twin coil as per the emerald instructions.

i spoke to damien about his gti6 (running kms managment ) and he said that all the gti6's he's seen have had coil packs fitted instead of the original individual coils

i will be fitting bike tb's in the future .

as i have alredymade the loom now it would be a shame to have to change so fingers crossed :)

my set up

HPIM0125.jpg

petert

I'd ditch them and fit Chev LS1 coils, or Bosch MEC718 with individual ignitors. Good to see you're using quality adjusting tools there!

Edited by petert

pugpete1108
I'd ditch them and fit Chev LS1 coils, or Bosch MEC718 with individual ignitors. Good to see you're using quality adjusting tools there!

sorry you have totaly lost me there :) could you do that again in english please ;)

and what you diddn't see is the large club hammer just out of shot :D:D ideal for fine tuning things

Edited by pugpete1108

petert

Chev. use individual coils on their various V8's, eg LS1 as fitted to the Monaro. This coil has a built in ignitor and thus just needs just three connections, GND., +12V and trigger back to the ECU. You can mount these on a strut brace with short leads.

The Bosch MEC718 is an individual coil that can also be mounted on a strut brace. Unfortunately it needs an individual ignitor as it pulls so much current. So you'd need to mount four somewhere on a suitable heatsink.

Sam

Just got a quote from the local motor factors, they are about $52 a peice.

pugpete1108
Just got a quote from the local motor factors, they are about $52 a peice.

yeah sod that then :D

will try what i have got if not go for a ford coil or something

cheers guys

Sign in to follow this