• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Ctech M1144's. What Should Be Included

oli-pug

just received my pads today for a 1.6 gti, ordered from rallydesign.

however, the box didnt have any shims etc.. inside, just the pads and wear indicators. Is this right?

Miles

Yes that's all you get, Sometimes depending on the age of them you might get some sticky backing to use in the caliper, But I've found cleaning the calipers and runnings stops any noise instead of loads of cooper grease

oli-pug

ok, thanks very much...

i'll get on with fitting them tomorrow

Rippthrough
ok, thanks very much...

i'll get on with fitting them tomorrow

If you want the anti-noise shims just get in touch with the support guys on the mintex/tmd friction site, they'll send you some out.

oli-pug

are the pads noisy without the shims then? or are'nt they a necessity?

Rippthrough
are the pads noisy without the shims then? or are'nt they a necessity?

Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. My bendix set made no noise even without shims, my new set for 307 calipers were ear-bleeding without but are silent with. Occasionally get the faintest of squeals.

-Phillip

Edited by Rippthrough

oli-pug

well ive fitted them along with some rallydesign drilled/grooved discs! but, what a bloody nuisance.

First off it took me forever to get the carrier bolts undone due to pug deciding to use imperial sizes! (or are they metric?? :D )

eventually they came of with a lot of hammer action and a gun !(air type) :huh:

then it turned out the discs or pads were too thick to fit inbetween the carriers together!

anyways, i managed to get em on in the end, but almost killed myself on the way home at a junction! need to get bedding them in i think :D

madspikes

Yes there are metric, its just Pug seem to use non standard sizes. They like there 16mm and 18mm nuts and bolts!

My 1144s sqeek when cold, sounds like a touring car stopping at the lights! The pads are bloody fanastic though once bedded in, and more than make up for the noise.

Mad.

oli-pug

the french do make everything difficult! :(

i know theres a thousand threads on it but, how long did it take your pads to bed in properly?

they seem really bad at the moment ... really long pedal and not a lot of bite

ive done the usual bedding in process:

3 light stops from 30

3 medium from 50

3 heavy from 80

i cooked the brakes but they still seem quite bad :P

madspikes

A long pedal is normally a sign the brakes need bleeding, so that should improve things.

Well, I did all that and was happy with them... Then I took it on the track, then after a lap and a good cool down, they were just fantasic! But I was running with new discs as well at the time.

oli-pug

i need to change to better brake fluid anyway so i'll get them bled up properly and see how things turn out.

cheers for the help and advice Mad

oli-pug

can anyone suggest some good brake fluid for mostly road use (normal and b-road blasting) and the occasional trackday.

Cant be too expensive mind! :)

cybernck

i use Castrol Response SuperDOT4.

oli-pug

well, the pads are getting better but my god they squeel like a pig being raped! :lol:

Rippthrough
well, the pads are getting better but my god they squeel like a pig being raped! :lol:

They quieten down after a few hundred miles.

Edited by Rippthrough

oli-pug

has anyone else found that the m1144's for 1.6 bendix calipers dont fit too well?

Sign in to follow this