• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jezziebx16v

Oil Starvation....

Guest jezziebx16v

Have suspected something has been up for a while now but put it down to a

rattling exhuast and the fact the exhast is so loud i could not hear to much anyway :excl:

But yesterday after driving at 60 ish then down into a 30 zone the bottom end was rattling like

a goodun, i had not been round any fast corners or done any heavy braking, so stopped and done

the usual checks (oil and water), all was good so gingerly drove it to the chap who does my servicing.

He said straight away that it sounds very much like the big end bearings :excl: , but until the sump has

come off we wont no. So is this likely to be down to the age of the bearings (98,000) or oilways that are blocked/ oil starvation ?

This is all a bit new to me, i've had 2 other Mi powered cars before this one and have never had any

trouble with them but this car has probably been treated the best :wacko:

Thanks Jez

smckeown

did you look at the oil pressure gauge at the time ? if its knowcking that bad i'd have expected the warning light to be on

Guest jezziebx16v

Yeah forgot to say :rolleyes: oil pressure is down from what it used to be but no warning

lights on the dash came on. She ain't knocking all the time ie tickover or low revs, managed to get her where i needed to keeping the revs under 1500.

Jez

Edited by jezziebx16v

Sign in to follow this