• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Faz85

Can Anyone Identify These Wiring Connections?

Faz85

Hello All,

Whilst tinkering today, I came accross a number of electrical connectors in my engine bay, which appear to be connected to nothing at all!? :excl: Please can anybody help in identifying these? Pictures can be found below:

(btw its a K-reg 1.9 8v - CAT model, but decatted)

IMG_32011.jpg

Picture Of Connectors Next To Brake Fluid Reservoir

IMG_31991.jpg

Picture Taken From Behind Cylinder Block - Note Unconnected Sensor Screwed Into Block

IMG_31971.jpg

Final Picture Taken Behind Battery - Note 3 Connectors

If anyone could help identify some of these, i would really appreciate it. The first two pics im completely stumped by, but as for the third pic...I think im right in saying that the black and blue connectors should be connected to a lambda sensor?? But the white one im not sure about either.

Many Thanks in Advance :wacko:

Faraz

Rob_the_Sparky

The two connectors in the last piccy are:

Blue: ECU engine temperature sensor

Black: SAD

The others must be specific to the Motronic as I don't recognise these and have changed a couple of engines on early cars. Either that or I have a bad memory!!

Rob

Jonmurgie

Second one is your oil level sensor... not sure where the wires comes from for that though... others look likey to be cause of being a K plate with CAT so can't help you there.

Faz85
The two connectors in the last piccy are:

Blue: ECU engine temperature sensor

Black: SAD

The others must be specific to the Motronic as I don't recognise these and have changed a couple of engines on early cars. Either that or I have a bad memory!!

Rob

Cheers for that Rob,

I assumed they were for the CAT. So presumably they should actually be connected to their relevant devices?..and where is the SAD?

Thanks

Faz

Miles

The sad should be under the Dizy on the same housing, not the easiest thing to get at, The blue ECU temp sensor one is also there.

The oil level is not used, but it was fitted for other models in the PSA range.

The first pic I'm sure if the Diag plug for the ECU

Faz85

Thanks Miles,

I'll take a look tomorrow morning, and see if i can reconnect them (dont know why they would have been disconnected by the previous owner in the first place!?)

Just one more thing guys, part of the reason i was looking, was to try and locate the wiring for the lambda sensor, because i would like to have it fitted into a boss on the down pipe, but the sensor and the wiring seems to be missing. Do you know what the lambda wiring should look like, and where abouts i might find it?? Having the K-Light illuminated all the time is starting to bug me.

Regards

Faraz

p.s. any idea what the white connector is in the last pic?

Miles

It should be the reverse light on the gearbox, For the Lambda sensor wiring look at this post

Lambda wiring

B1ack_Mi16

The two bosch connector on the last picture might be the lambda wires.

At least on my 405 Mi16 with CAT and Motronic M1.3 the cat wires have one black and one blue connector.

Miles

Thats a good point, I'm always seeing 306 & 406 ones which are red and white with the proper push down clip on them

cybernck

well that's what picture i posted in that linked thread confirms, doesn't it?

all connectors identified now it seems.

i didn't know motronic GTI's had an oil lever sensor like Mi16's, i'll have to check mine :).

B1ack_Mi16
well that's what picture i posted in that linked thread confirms, doesn't it?

all connectors identified now it seems.

i didn't know motronic GTI's had an oil lever sensor like Mi16's, i'll have to check mine :).

Most engines has that sensor installed, just a few uses it.

The 1984 and 1985 models of the 205 gti actually has wiring for it, and this black control box for it.

Faz85

So all connectors present and accounted for, happy days! Now just to wire in the lambda sensor and finally extinguish that K-light!

Many Thanks Guys

Faz

Sign in to follow this