• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Higs

Alloy Wheel Re-furb Recommendations?

Guest Higs

Hi all.

Im looking for any recommendations for alloy wheel refurbishers in the north west - within reach of bolton.

im clued up on what im after and im not going to have a go myself, so im just looking for someone who has done a good job.

Any ideas/firms appreciated.

Cheers

ORB

how bad are they

a lot of people go to mega expence to go to a 'pro'

but its a waste of time

any paint shop can do it

or search for a powder coaters

j_turnell

Depends what your after i know 205parts offer pretty much most options from diamond cut to goodwood etc and they post. Give them a call for a price.

www.205parts.com.

bitchass 205

as we're on the subject of wheel refurb, how easy/hard is it to do a goodwood style wheel yourself. i mean is the lip mechanically polished or will good old elbow grease do it. if so will i need any speacil equipment, i.e wet and dry paper what grade or an electric drill with an attachment? and what paint code is the colour, on the 205 parts website they look green, but on other cars they appear to be grey? ;)

max0

I had a bash at doin mine myself - cost about £20 in rattle cans and a weekend of elbow grease.

Im still happy with them

Pics

Im having a go at polishing the old 1.6 wheels and its taking a while. but ill report back once there done

sonofsam
I had a bash at doin mine myself - cost about £20 in rattle cans and a weekend of elbow grease.

Im still happy with them

Pics

Im having a go at polishing the old 1.6 wheels and its taking a while. but ill report back once there done

Yeah they look good dude:)

Wear a mask though when polishing alloy with flap wheels and drills etc...Ali dust has a direct link to developing Alzheimer's in later life ;)

Gentrix

Wear a mask though when polishing alloy with flap wheels and drills etc...Ali dust has a direct link to developing Alzheimer's in later life :P

;) damn - forgot that again last time. Will try to remember next time - :D

max0

Wear a mask though when polishing alloy with flap wheels and drills etc...Ali dust has a direct link to developing Alzheimer's in later life :excl:

cheers for that info :excl: dont want to end up a :wacko: Hows the turbo coming along? ive started rebulding one ready for mine :D

Edited by max0

Guest Higs

thanks for the above. the wheels are not too bad, but i want them looking different - maybe away from the standard silver?

i will check out local powder coating firms.

sonofsam
Hows the turbo coming along? ive started rebulding one ready for mine

Bloody great mate[Justin Lee Collins] I love it [/Justin Lee collins] and so will you:D

<Bag 'a sand.

@Higs-Have a good search on here, was a cracking topic recently on wheel colours with lots of photoshops

to help you decide.

Really no need for powder coaters IMO, if your willing to put the effort in:)If you go for white then Hammerite

smooth gives a great finish on Speedlines.

Edited by sonofsam

Sanchez

Im still happy with them

Pics

You didn't just sell those on ebay did you?

I might have a go at refurbing mine. Do you need to have much experience of spraying?

Edited by Sanchez

max0
You didn't just sell those on ebay did you?

I might have a go at refurbing mine. Do you need to have much experience of spraying?

nope i hope there still on the car :rolleyes: id had little spraying experience before doin these.

j_turnell

Heres my go with a rattle can :rolleyes:

Pic331.sized.jpg

Adnic69

It works fine with cans for a while but then they chip and end up looking crap. I spent ages doing mine and putting lots of coats on they are now chipped and looking poo again.

I have just been looking at this company www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk. They can do what you want and are very reasonable.

Will be paying them a visit soon enough.

Sanchez
It works fine with cans for a while but then they chip and end up looking crap. I spent ages doing mine and putting lots of coats on they are now chipped and looking poo again.

I have just been looking at this company www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk. They can do what you want and are very reasonable.

There's an article in Performance French Cars (PGTI) with recommended refurb companies if anyone interested.

Dino

Pristine Wheels in Milton Keynes. Without doubt the best refurbs I have ever seen. I have used them a couple of times myself and so have people I know.

They collect from your home or work and deliver back to you. They can even remove and refit tyres too.

They arent the cheapest but then again their level of service, the finished product and convenience make them the best choice IMO.

Pristine - 01908282628

Last Legend
Pristine Wheels in Milton Keynes. Without doubt the best refurbs I have ever seen. I have used them a couple of times myself and so have people I know.

They collect from your home or work and deliver back to you. They can even remove and refit tyres too.

They arent the cheapest but then again their level of service, the finished product and convenience make them the best choice IMO.

Pristine - 01908282628

Dino,

Who elses wheel refurbs have you seen?I've had two sets of wheels done by Spit N Polish which were ok but nothing special,the insides had brush marks where they had been hand painted!theve not lasted well despite being removed quaterly to clean inside the rim,Virosoled,AG SRP,then wheelwaxed,the rust is bubbleing up from under the paint.

Super Josh

I've been using these guys for years now, and if you turn up with rolled notes you should get a decent discount too :rolleyes:

Josh

pacey205

Agree with Dino, got mine done at Pristine and they not only did an excellent job but they have lasted incredibly well to.

Pic new

wheelshu8.jpg

Pic as they look now

img1260mf9.jpg

Bearing in mind I got them done almost 4 years ago now, and all they have recieved is a good few coats of polish when new and regular (2-4 times a year maybe) proper cleans + polish since then. Also to add Pristine powder coat theyre wheels rather than painting which is a lot harder wearing.

HTH

Michael

Edited by pacey205

Sign in to follow this