• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexunmodded

Fuel Pump Issues

Guest alexunmodded

hi there,recently my 205 gti has developed a problem where the fuel pump is still running even when i turn the ignition off,and i have to disconnect the battery to stop it from draining off my battery

does anyone know where the problem lies,or a cure for it??

thanks

nick

Sounds like the tachymetric relay is up the swanny.

Nick

Guest alexunmodded

thanks for the swift reply,can u tell me where i would find the relay??

already looked on the main site but couldnt find where it is located

thanks

lagonda

You should find it under the dash, to the right of the accelerator pedal, screwed to the side of the car, although it may be hanging loose. It'll be a black box with wiring plugged in at one end. Mine's a late 89 car, I believe early (earlier than yours I think) cars had them under the bonnet, not sure where. Hope that helps.

max0
You should find it under the dash, to the right of the accelerator pedal, screwed to the side of the car, although it may be hanging loose. It'll be a black box with wiring plugged in at one end. Mine's a late 89 car, I believe early (earlier than yours I think) cars had them under the bonnet, not sure where. Hope that helps.

mine was under the dash, up near the ecu which was just near where your right knee would be though the hole and up.

Guest alexunmodded
mine was under the dash, up near the ecu which was just near where your right knee would be though the hole and up.

thanks people,mines is under the dash

does anyone have a working relay??? pm me please

thanks

if this does not work, i had a similar problem with moisture in the ecu as the car had been stood a while

but it is most likley the relay

Richie-Van-GTi

Ive got one that does the same thing, I popped the cover off and give the little spring a couple of extra winds to tighten it up, it seemed to help for a while but now Im looking for another relay.

Try tapping the relay when it sticks on, mine used to shut off with a gentle tap. :)

Sign in to follow this