• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJC

Car Etting To 4500k Rpm Then Going Slow

AJC

after 4500k revs, the car does not pull as well as it should, speedo reading 91k,

whether its true or not i dunno,

heard the cam kicks in at 4500k so is it possible thats nakered,

or could something be blocked

engine is stnadrad, but have a air filter ordered, and thinking of a stainless system,

but i want everything 2nd hand, car is only my runabout

Rob_the_Sparky

The 1.9 has no kick as such as the revs rise but should pull strongly all the way up. As stated in your other post, cleaned injectors can help this top end power (~£12 per injector).

Also using decent fuel and adjusting the ignition timing to suit will help a lot.

AJC

thank you rob

dee205

HAve you tried a new fuel filter? If it's badly clogged up it can cause bother when you're giving it loads of the 'go' pedal.

Damien

Dan Ingram

You need to get yourair flow meter cleaned out, or get a secondhand one thats no been messed with.

Anthony

What do you call "not running as well as it should" over 4500rpm?

If it's stuttering and hestitating and feels like it's hit some kind of rev limiter, then I'd look first and foremost at the ignition amp as that's one of their usual failure symptoms giving a repeated misfire at that kind of rpm.

Sign in to follow this