• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jacobs53

Anyone Know If A Be3/5 Differential Is The Same As A Be4 Differential?

jacobs53

Hi, as you have already noticed im trying to build a 206 to enter britcar 24hr. Anyway the project leader who knows bugger all about peugeots thinks that we will need a LSD for the event. And i completly agree!

But my question is are the diffs between a Be1 or Be3 compatable with a Be4 box? and even better are the splines the same between diffs? So i can retain the 206 shafts?

doubtful I'l get a answer but I thought i'd ask.

cheers lee

Miles

All the diffs fit but the late BE3's (94 ish>) use a updated design and has a different depth driveshaft end on the N/S or non speedo drive part, the gti6 be4 boxes are the same but i've not seen a 206 one yet

RossD
All the diffs fit but the late BE3's (94 ish>) use a updated design and has a different depth driveshaft end on the N/S or non speedo drive part, the gti6 be4 boxes are the same but i've not seen a 206 one yet

GTi6 used a BE3! BE3/6....

welshpug

why does mine have BE4 stamped into the casing then :)

RossD
why does mine have BE4 stamped into the casing then :D

I think the later BE3's did, the one in my 306 HDi certainly did and that was a BE3R. I wonder if the BE3R and BE3/6 are actually BE4's but with the BE3 type bellhousing.......? (BE4 is different, clutch arm goes in from front instead of top)

Miles

The end casing's are the same from BE3R and BE4 and hence the BE4 stamp in it, But as welshpug has said the later 306's had only BE4 stamped on the gearbox case along with all the other PSA range. Same as the ML box there's the XU and EW bell housing's

Hilgie

Completely true. But to return to the TS question. The quaiffe ATB for BE3 boxes does fit BE4 boxes as well (in fact they fit the whole BE range).

Sign in to follow this