• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
clifton

Port N Polished

clifton

right ive got a ported and polished 1.9 head, and im just wondering wether it will fit onto my 1.6 and is it worth fitting to it? or i could sell it if its not worth fitting but i dont know if its worth putting on if it will fit?

ben

boombang

Yes it will fit - same head (unless yours is early 1.6 with small valves).

As to whether worth fitting? That depends if it is actually any good and who did the work.

clifton

mine is 1990 one, is that an early one or later one?

erm..im not sure who carried out the work but surely it cant make it any worse can it? ill try find out off the guy who it was that carried out the work

boombang

Thats a late large valve head so its the same. The 1600 cam is slightly different to the 1900 though - 1600 gives a slightly more peppey engine but the 1600 cams are prone to wear.

Yes it can make it significantly worse. The ports are very large as standard so if opened up will lose you power. From what I've been told and read, most beneficial work on these heads is around the valve guides and valve seats - and even then it'd be all too easy to do it badly.

Sign in to follow this