• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rickybiggs99

Megasquirt Question

rickybiggs99

I'm thinking of buying a megasquirt system for my pug to try and get it to run spot on but I don't really understand which version I need and what other components I will need to buy.Can anyone give me some tips 'cause I'm a complete numpty.

Cheers

Ricky

Oh yeah forgot to mention I'm gonna drop an mi16 engine in it next year once it's been sprayed so I could do with a system that will do for the mi also.

cybernck

it would be handy if you did a search as it has been covered in the past.

currently, the safest option is Megasquirt-I on V3 PCB as it's supports 60-2 timing rings.

Megasquirt-II should be able to support it soon (or maybe it does already).

the other option is to go for Ford EDIS timing system (36-1).

for your 8v, you'll need a timing ring anyway, unless you get a flywheel with one on,

that Mi16 one has in any case - so it should be a painless swap from 8v to 16v later.

as i said, do a search :D.

veloce200

Ricky

if you are as you put it "'a complete numpty" you'd be much better off with an ecu already built like KMS or Emerald or a ready built Megasquirt. Megasquirt is not for beginners really and with the KMS starting at just £392 + vat it isn't exactly a million miles away from an assembled Megasquirt especially if you add the stimulator.

good luck!

Julian

kent

I'm running Megasquirt-I on V3 PCB with 60-2. And it's a few things you need to do and know to get it running. If you accept that it's a great system.

Sign in to follow this