• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alastairh

Any Tips/advice On Lpg?

Alastairh

Hello, basically taking my Dad car shopping tomorrow, for an Audi A8 4.2 Quattro, which hes had heart set on for a while.

As you can expect its a thirsty car, and my Dad intends to keep the car for a few years until he retires.

Were going to buy a second hand car with roughly 50k on, but want to get LPG.

Anyone done it etc, any tips before we shell out 2k+, and anyone know the stories about fitting the kit to Aluminium body cars?

Cheers, all help appreciated.

Alastair

boombang

All I can say is get somewhere reputable to do it!

When looking at tow cars I saw a few LPG converted Jeeps. 2 of them had certificates but looked complete bodges, and none of them looked what I would consider a "proper" conversion.

One place actually did them in house, claimed they were fully certified and approved etc - but the quality of bits looked terrible.

Guest BrainFluid

If you have the time wait for one that has already had the conversion done already.

If not, by all accounts the dutch company Prinz make the very best Multi point systems an if I had the dough thats what I would buy after researching this stuff.

Try to get in contact with "littlemike" on this site he has worked for an lpg converters for 7 years or so now and knows his stuff maybe his company could fit it for you.

Sign in to follow this