• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Walker

Short Shifter

sonofsam

Yes that advert is a little misleading in my eyes.Those rods will not shorten the throw of your gearstick.Although you will get a discount with Constella if you mention you are a member on here.

You need a modified lever.The red part in picture below:

post-6977-1160742446_thumb.jpg

These can be made yourself DIY style : check out 205gti.com for details

Speak to Miles on this Forum if you wish to buy new, also woth checking the mounting point next to the red lever as this often works loose and also do a search this Topic came up last week with a few other companies names mentioned:))

Sam.

EDIT-Ah my mistake, that kit can include a shorter lever.

Edited by sonofsam

Mike Walker
Yes that advert is a little misleading in my eyes.Those rods will not shorten the throw of your gearstick.Although you will get a discount with Constella if you mention you are a member on here.

You need a modified lever.The red part in picture below:

post-6977-1160742446_thumb.jpg

These can be made yourself DIY style : check out 205gti.com for details

Speak to Miles on this Forum if you wish to buy new, also woth checking the mounting point next to the red lever as this often works loose and also do a search this Topic came up last week with a few other companies names mentioned:))

Sam.

EDIT-Ah my mistake, that kit can include a shorter lever.

Cool, cheers for the info - where did you get that pic by the way?

Sign in to follow this