• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt205xs

Finishing Off Bike Carb Conversion

matt205xs

right then car is cranking now :D

all i need to know is

on the r1 carbs does the fuel in go to the T peice which then splits to 2 pipes?

is the fuel return the output in middle at bottom of carbs?

and lastly,

i need to make up the live to the coil, were on the standard loom does the coil get its live from?

is it the ignition switch or straight from the battery?

thanks,

mbayley77

Coil live is switched from ignition : if memory serves correctly then its the larger orange cable but youll need to check on a wiring diagram.

as for the fuel im afraid i havnt got a clue.

calvinhorse

it would make sence for it to be the T peice which then splits to 2 pipes, as it has substancial hose clips rather than the s*itty spring clips meaning it must have higher pressure running through it

craig_m

petrol goes in through the one connection on the bottom of the carbs, they dont have a fuel return :)

matt205xs

oh right, so what is the t peice and rubber hose for?

craig_m

there are 4 hose connections which come of the top of the carbs, 2 rubber T pieces at the front, 1 black plastic one and 1 metal one which dont do anything/ are left open. I think they went to the original airbox.

PUGugly
petrol goes in through the one connection on the bottom of the carbs, they dont have a fuel return :wacko:

The ZX9R carbs have a fuel return.

Thought all carbs had a fuel return???

Will Look at mates bike tomorrow night and see.

I've found the ZX carbs are great on the 2.0 Pinto lump but still waiting for manifold to mate to 205!! Throtle response is so much quicker and smoother plus the money i've saved on regually getting the old webers tuned has ment i can stretch to more tyres for the drift days!!

matt205xs

the R1's dont have fuel return, just the brass spout at bottom for fuel in, i found out the 2 t peices are to be left open to breath into the atmosphere

Sign in to follow this