• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smighall

Can't Change Gear When Engine Running

Alastairh

Triple check you cluch alignment. Main cause of pain in the arse clutch swaps.

If you have a dead gear box kicking about, cut the shaft off, and use this to align your clutch.

I did ages ago, and since then i've done 5 clutch swaps, and makes life ALOT easier.

maxi
Triple check you cluch alignment. Main cause of pain in the arse clutch swaps.

If you have a dead gear box kicking about, cut the shaft off, and use this to align your clutch.

I did ages ago, and since then i've done 5 clutch swaps, and makes life ALOT easier.

This is one thing I can never ever understand... how do people fail to line clutches up?? I have replaced loads and loads in the car and with the engine on the crane and have always lined it by eye and its slipped on first time. There is no need for an alining tool on a 205 to be honest.

Maxi

pugpete1108
My mistake, thought there was a gti6 conversion going on with a be1 box.

If i remember correctly the be1 bearing is bigger, due to the fork size.

that would be me with the be1 box on a gti6 , coincidently i brought seans spare mi clutch kit from him.

have you got it working yet sean?

Edd-XS

I did my clutch first time in about 20 mins putting-back-together time and had no problems!

Just used a half inch drive socket extension, shoved it in the hole and everything fell into place nicely :D Also used an old drive shaft in the diff and put it in gear and twisted the DS as an easy way of rotating the input shaft to line up.

Dunno if this helps at all!

Edd

smighall

The clutch and gearbox works fine. It was running breiftly and then i took the loom back out to chop any spare wires out and redo my connections i made a bit better. However once i put it back in it now won't start! :D

So i reckon i've cut something out wrong or god knows what. There were loads of cut wires on the loom i've got anyway so had to try and repair a load.

Anyway, i've got a new loom now so will be redoing the wiring but leaving everything else alone this time, only touching the wires i need as i need it running quick sharp now.

Sign in to follow this