• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

Front Door Weatherstrip Issue

de Noir

Ordered both front door weatherstrips (red thing on the pic) from Peuegeot and have been told that left one

(part no. 902102, DR WEATHERSTRIP LEFT / JOINT DE PORTE) isn't available from new any more.

drweatherstripdp9.th.jpg

The problem is, I half teared the existing one down, due to full respray.

It's still in one piece, though.

Now, I wonder is it viable to clean the old weatherstrip from self adhesive and glue it back after respray, and what type of glue (or self-adhesive) would be smart to use?

welshpug

no idea what kind of adhesive you should use but the bodyshop should be able to advise/provide you with the appropriate stuff.

thought they just pressed into place though?

sherly

I enquired about all the seals on the 205 recently to sort out my water leak and I was told the only seals not available anymore were the main door seals. According to my local dealer the weatherstrip your after is still available (in the UK at least), for about £25.

Mart :(

Pugnut

i'm sure autofive do all the door strips/seals . www.autofive.co.uk

de Noir
According to my local dealer the weatherstrip your after is still available (in the UK at least), for about £25.

Mart :D

Unfortunately not. In Europe all spare parts are shipped-in directly from France, and this specific part is according to general importer out of production. :P

sherly
Unfortunately not. In Europe all spare parts are shipped-in directly from France, and this specific part is according to general importer out of production. :(

I only enquired last week (Tuesday) and he said I'd have no problem getting them.

Not the first time a pug dealer has got something wrong :D although in all fairness my dealer is bloody good.

Mart :P

Paintguy

I removed and refitted mine, as I was too tight to buy new ones.

The old ones had all the old adhesive cleaned off them, and they were stuck back on with double sided foam tape, similar to this, but I used a higher quality one made by 3M. It's sometimes refered to as badge or moulding tape, as it's also used for sticking on badges, emblems, side mouldings etc.

de Noir

Cool Andy, thx a lot. :)

I only enquired last week (Tuesday) and he said I'd have no problem getting them.

Not the first time a pug dealer has got something wrong ;) although in all fairness my dealer is bloody good.

Mart :)

I believe you, but it's impossible to detect non-availability of the thing, even on factory spare parts data system, until you get feedback on placed order, from people who run the parts business.

Tho, you guys in UK may have your own spare parts network, maybe some weatherstipes are still left in the stash. :)

Edited by MH_

sherly
I believe you, but it's impossible to detect non-availability of the thing, even on factory spare parts data system, until you get feedback on placed order, from people who run the parts business.

Tho, you guys in UK may have your own spare parts network, maybe some seals are still left in the stash. :)

Good point - I havent actually ordered any but it seemed odd he was able to tell me the main door seals are unavailable.

If it is the case that the UK has a secret parts stash ;) and you still need one, bung some cash this way and I'll order one and post it to you (I wouldn't have thought it'd cost too much extra for postage)

Mart :)

de Noir

He was able to tell you this because really non-available, obsolete or replaced stuff is marked in certain way within spare parts data system.

But, if everyting else fails, make no mistake, I will find you. Tnx for offer. :)

Edited by MH_

welshpug

yeah, I've found this with some stuff, many dealers said some parts were unavailable, but the part number was still active on the system once i'd found what it was, so i placed an order, hey presto a few weeks later items arrived.

generally if a part is no longer available it will be marked as such on the parts database and will not appear on the ordering database/stock list

Pugnut
I removed and refitted mine, as I was too tight to buy new ones.

The old ones had all the old adhesive cleaned off them, and they were stuck back on with double sided foam tape, similar to this, but I used a higher quality one made by 3M. It's sometimes refered to as badge or moulding tape, as it's also used for sticking on badges, emblems, side mouldings etc.

any tips on removing the old ones in one piece so they are still useable paintguy?

de Noir

I pulled mines, starting from the middle of the weatherstrip, at A-pillar/roof joint to both ends.

It's the handiest point to grab the thing. You have to pull it down carefully, but firmly.

Adhesive sticks like crazy.

When you're done with this, you'll have to remove rivets at both ends, and off you go.

Edited by MH_

Paintguy

I used a similar method to Mario, but I also used a razor blade to cut the adhesive as I pulled the seal away. The main thing is not to pull them too hard, or they'll stretch out of shape, and never go back on properly :P

Sign in to follow this