• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

Eeeek! - Pull To Right

Batfink

Rich I can get powerflex bushes or whatever they are called

DrSarty

Well...took Pug to local, friendly garage and they all got underneath her in the pit.

The ex-Pug tech managed to pinch up the subframe bolts a little and then suggested a try which I've just done.

It's still there :lol: but positively, that's one possibility scratched off the list. However I really started pushing it to establish the nature and severity of the problem and really became concerned.

As described, nominal turn-in, say to 1 o'clock is smooth and steady. But the second you apply a bit more power or turn in more and she 'pops' or lunges in more to the right as I've described earlier.

But when you push on harder she almost wanders off again to the left, almost as if it becomes wishy washy and something is sliding back and forth.

Having now looked underneath it is not apparent that anything is particularly out of whack but something must be. Is anyone either going to the south meet this Sunday 11th or even has a ramp and experience local to me who'll have a good poke and help me get this sorted please?

The only fix I can think of at the moment on my own is to remove the wishbones and have the bushes replaced with powerflex items or similar and then refit with a new ball joint pinch bolt - aka another two possibilities off the list. After that I'm left with the expensive prospect of new, original wishbones (avoiding the possibility that GSF ones are pump) which at the mo I can't afford. Then I'm out of ideas.

Rich :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this