• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

1.6 Smr Verses Speedlines

Guest BrainFluid

Have searched but only the 1.9 wheel weights seem to come up.

I have a set of 1.6 speedlines and a set of 1.6 SMRs. Does anyone know the weight of them? I have no scales so I cant weigh them myself.

I'm trying to figure out which set to use decause I'm upgrading to 1.9 calipers. I know the SMRs will fit over them but if theres a big weight difference then I'll consider filing the 1.9 calipers down a wee bit in order for the speedlines to fit over them.

Faz85

I dont know exactly mate, but considering that the 1.9 wheels are approx. 1 kg lighter, I would imagine the difference in weight for the 1.6's will be roughly the same order...I wouldnt expect them to be more than a kg lighter for each wheel, personally i would live with the slight extra weight and save the calipers...besides, you will need a good flow of air around them to dissipate the heat IMO.

Faraz

jonah
I'm trying to figure out which set to use decause I'm upgrading to 1.9 calipers. I know the SMRs will fit over them but if theres a big weight difference then I'll consider filing the 1.9 calipers down a wee bit in order for the speedlines to fit over them.

Other way round, it's the SMRs that have clearance issues. But that's only with 1.9 hubs - both types of wheel will clear 1.9 calipers on 1.6 hubs.

Sign in to follow this