• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

206 180 Brakes

boldy205

just to confirm before i make the purchase, the 206 180 calipers +disks will bolt straight onto my 1.9 205? I have read the guide and as it says they think they are the same, just a yes from anyone who has done the conversion would be nice. :) thanks for your time.

Matt.

boldy205

ok sorry, scrub that, im a little drumk and decided to do a search AFTER writing a question!DOH looks like they will fit!

Matt. :)

pug_life

they will but you need new longer front brake lines, i have stock 1.9 lines in and they stretch slightly on full lock, will fail an MOT :)

boldy205

oh thats poo as i have just put some braided lines on! did you use braided lines or std.? if yuo did go braided where did you get longer ones please?

Matt.

Bonzai

you should get away with standard ones, but its best to check. you can get custom length ones made at rally design, mine are about "2 longer than standard and they cost £21 form memory

C_W

Also just to confirm that 206GTi 180 brakes are all that special/rare; they're fitted to loads of run of the mill 307s too just incase the price is pumped up a bit as they from a "180".

pug_life

yes full kit for under £200 unlike AB motorsports £475 price i've seen...

Simes

I followed that guide to the letter but bought some braided hoses which I had made up 25mm longer over standard.

Should take you about 4 hours all in all, including the bleeding etc. Bear in mind if you haven't touched the rears for a while make sure you can release the bleed nipples prior to removing anything up front.

boldy205

thanks for all the replies, the rear nipples both sheared off a while ago, so have new calipers now!

thats intersting to know about the hoses to, cheers!

Sign in to follow this