• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerseypug

Injector Buzzing

jerseypug

just replaced the head gasket on my mi16 and turned the engine over without the ecu pluged in to bring up the oil pressure. all went fine untill i replugged the ecu, turned on the ignition and heard a buzzing comeing from the injector above the fuel pressure regulator. i changed the ecu and it is still the same. i dont really want to try and turn the engine over and start it like this. does anyone have any idea what cauld be causing this?

maxi

Sure its not the idle control valve on top of the inlet manifold buzzing??? Its common for them to do this......

Maxi

jerseypug

pretty certain it is the injector as when i unplug it, it stopps buzzing.

jerseypug

found it. i had mixed up the connector from the little cylinder above the manifold with the injector

maxi
found it. i had mixed up the connector from the little cylinder above the manifold with the injector

The little cylinder is the idle control valve. They do buzz, poor old injector was having an identity crisis!!! :D

Maxi

Sign in to follow this