• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Dta Management - Tachymetric Relay

M@tt

I've been helping Chris (309Pug) with stripping the un necessary wiring out of his track car ready for fitting his DTA management.

I am correct in thinking the Tachymetric relay can be binned can't it?

The wiring diagram for the DTA management indicates a wire from pin10 (iirc) of the ecu connector to a fuel pump relay which i assume would just be a standard 4 pin relay. and i assume the wire from the ecu will pull to ground and open the secondary circuiit to the fuel pump which will allow it to work.

One of the 3 relays that are usually attached to the bulkhead (horn, fogs etc) would be suitable to use wouldn't it?

Cheers

Matt

Sandy

I run the fuel pump throguh one relay, with the command earthed through the ECU as you say, the ECU will turn the pump off when the engine stops, good for safety. I put a hidden switch in the pump supply to so I can turn the engine over with the pump off or immobilise it.

I run the ECU/Injectors/coil of another relay switched by the ignition switch circuit, to keep the current low through the interior loom.

Sign in to follow this