• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Samco Coolant Set For Oil Cooler Model

driversdomainuk

Does anyone know if Samco do their coolant hose set for the 205GTI which has the oil cooler. Looking in DT catalogue last night, I noticed that the fit advertised specified that it was for the non oil cooler model only, which is no good for me as mine has an oil cooler, with the oil filter not mounted on the side of the block, but remotely, under the radiator and obviously having the two pipes supplying coolant down from the upper coolant hose.

Out of interest, was this oil cooler an option when the car was new, or was it always an aftermarket option for more track orientated 205s..?

thanks

Gentrix
Does anyone know if Samco do their coolant hose set for the 205GTI which has the oil cooler. Looking in DT catalogue last night, I noticed that the fit advertised specified that it was for the non oil cooler model only, which is no good for me as mine has an oil cooler, with the oil filter not mounted on the side of the block, but remotely, under the radiator and obviously having the two pipes supplying coolant down from the upper coolant hose.

Out of interest, was this oil cooler an option when the car was new, or was it always an aftermarket option for more track orientated 205s..?

thanks

Hi, the early 128 HP non Cat jetronic models had a Air-Oil-cooler and the later 120 HP Motronic Models had the remote-Water-Oil-cooler as standard. Some Models even had none of those, like the CTI and some other Models with the DFZ low comp. engine.

tom_m

what demon tweeks mean is not for water/oil cooler, because samco don't make the rad top hose with the take offs for the water/oil cooler.

if you have an air/oil cooler you will be fine - doh just noticed you don't have an air oil cooler

Edited by tom_m

driversdomainuk
Hi, the early 128 HP non Cat jetronic models had a Air-Oil-cooler and the later 120 HP Motronic Models had the remote-Water-Oil-cooler as standard. Some Models even had none of those, like the CTI and some other Models with the DFZ low comp. engine.

SO WHICH WOULD MINE BE :D

Gentrix
SO WHICH WOULD MINE BE :D

I can read you very well without capslock *g*

Just look in your enginebay. There is a metal plate on the block, near the alternator, which says DFZ,DKZ,D6B or something like that. And while you are looking down, just check if your Oilfilter sits directly at the block, or remotely near the Gearbox.

Edited by Gentrix

driversdomainuk
Just look in your enginebay. There is a metal plate on the block, near the alternator, which says DFZ,DKZ,D6B or something like that. And while you are looking down, just check if your Oilfilter sits directly at the block, or remotely near the Gearbox.

Hi - as I was saying it sits away from block - near the gearbox

driversdomainuk

"and the later 120 HP Motronic Models had the remote-Water-Oil-cooler as standard"

Mine is water-oil-cooled but is not 120hp model

Gentrix

so what says the metal plate at the block then?

Capn. Pugwash

So back to the original question....

does anyone out there make a silicone hose with the 2 takeoffs for a water-to-oil cooler??

I know Samco don't......but I'd be interested if anyone does! ;)

welshpug

give Rally design a call.

Sign in to follow this