• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

19 Gti Beam Pluming

205_sunderland

although the beam is pants i still need to get it going as mine seized. can i use standard 1.6 piping(compensator valve etc) to run it or do i need to run 2 lines to back and use restrictors?

regards michael

PsychoSimon

you can use the existing plumbing. the flexi lines are different bewteen 1.6 and 1.9 beams so they need changing

205_sunderland
you can use the existing plumbing. the flexi lines are different bewteen 1.6 and 1.9 beams so they need changing

so probably best if i get some braided rear lines and the rest will go together ok?

regards michael

max0
so probably best if i get some braided rear lines and the rest will go together ok?

regards michael

try a search as this has been covered before.

Also you might want to change your signature as its breaking the law Slander and Libel

Edited by max0

205_sunderland

right will check search thanks, and as regards my signature ive taken it off but i think its a joke that i cant express the whole problem

regards michael

Edited by 205_sunderland

pug_ham

The only difference is the fitting of the flexi to the pipe from the front, on the 1.6 you have a male/female & a female/female pipe due to the T piece.

The only other difference is that the 1.9 has an extra pair of flexis that go from the pipe on the radius arm to the calipers.

Graham.

205_sunderland

kk cheers, i need to price it all up now to get it sorted as it needs everything else too but i know a friend who just got a full braided hose set for £50 front nad rear so i think im going to invest in one of them once ive got enough and he also has a spare rear beam i should be able to copy everything from that shouldnt i ?

but is all the fittings on the car going to mate with the 19 gti piping ok?, by the sound of it the 19 gti just has 4 flexi's at rear ? Am i just going to have to buy them and them from then onwards mimic the original set up?

regards michael

Edited by 205_sunderland

max0
kk cheers, i need to price it all up now to get it sorted as it needs everything else too but i know a friend who just got a full braided hose set for £50 front nad rear so i think im going to invest in one of them once ive got enough and he also has a spare rear beam i should be able to copy everything from that shouldnt i ?

but is all the fittings on the car going to mate with the 19 gti piping ok?, by the sound of it the 19 gti just has 4 flexi's at rear ? Am i just going to have to buy them and them from then onwards mimic the original set up?

regards michael

yes you can get the braided hoses on ebay for about £50. You could also use the parts of the other beam (but use the GTi anti roll bar and torsion bars to keep the handling the same. Dont know about the 1.9 rear brake set up as ive a 1.6.

Andy

pug_ham

A 1.9 set of braided hoses won't be fully suitable for your car as its a 1.6 & the passenger side flexi that goes round the beam has a different fitting than the 1.9 has because of the T piece.

You can get around this with a 10mm male-male adaptor from Hispec motorsport.

M-M%20Adaptor.gif

The copper pipes can be copied from one 1.9 beam to another easily.

Graham.

205_sunderland

kk excellents thanks, i now need an anti roll bar for mine and what is fitting like, do i need to remove the arms?

regards michael

pug_ham
i now need an anti roll bar for mine and what is fitting like, do i need to remove the arms?

Fitting is easy & covered in the beam rebuild article on the main website www.205GTiDrivers.com.

No need to remove the arms but it should be fitted with the rear shocks disconnected.

Graham.

205_sunderland

excellent never knew the article on beam was so detailed now:) thanks and seen as though mine has no arb fitted at the moment should be alot easier to fit without having to remove old one?

regards michael

Edited by 205_sunderland

205_sunderland

doing the swap this week now, my local motor factor had the adapter i need for brakes lines so i just going to go for it, my internet duff and the moment so ill not be on often

regards mick

Sign in to follow this