• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Fitted My Gti6 Inlet Today

Miles

Well what a difference it's made from being flat and dull due to the crappy vacuum system not working and having glued the butterflies open, to being nice and responsive and slightly quicker thanks to a huge Throttle body, so all you people running the std plastic monstrosity its a very good upgrade and looks allot better too.

Martin@PRD

Nice, I have only ever used the 1.9 inlet and management, would love to see the diiferance between the two (afm vs. Map)

pug309twin40s

what needs to be done to fit the gti-6 manifold?

the acav stupid system isnt working on my 2lt 405 mi16 and its annoying me.

how much do gti6 inlet manifolds usually cost?

Baz

Hmm, i'd be interested too. What's theTB you're running on it too Miles, non standard i take it you mean?

Dino

Got any pics Miles?

Adam B

Might be worth adding the exhaust manifold too, not sure if that will fit in a 205 though. :lol:

d-9

Yeah the GTI6 exhaust manifold fits, according to people like maxi who have one on their car.

How well does the management cope with the different size TB, I thought map based management couldnt cope with extra airflow?

Miles

The complete inlet is std GTi6 with the GTi6 T/B, To fit you do need to make a few mods to take the ICV instead of the Stepper motor type as found on the 6, extend a couple of oil pipies and a few sensor wires, jus6t needf to sort out a air filter next week.

ECU copes with it very well so far, no complants at all

GTi6 inlets are around £60>£80

mrswampy
The complete inlet is std GTi6 with the GTi6 T/B, To fit you do need to make a few mods to take the ICV instead of the Stepper motor type as found on the 6, extend a couple of oil pipies and a few sensor wires, jus6t needf to sort out a air filter next week.

hmm very interesting

d-9 the gti6 manifold doesnt fit a 2ltr head, the port spacing is different and so is trhe angle of the face of the head and this means it smacks against the bulk head and wont let the lower mount line back up.

or thats the case on a 306 with the s16 lump in it

rikky

interesting.. so for this swap, from the gti6 i'd need the inlet complete with TPS, air temp sensor, fuel rail, injectors, and then sort the ICV out? somebody on the gti6 site mentioned "Also, the idle valve - simply removed the actuating rod from the valve - it just unscrews."

guess it will all become a bit clearer when/if i manage to find the right bits to do a straight swap (to my xu10j4 rfy s16 engine)

Edited by rikky

B1ack_Mi16

I've just got a S16 engine started in my friends 309 now.

Anyway the valve that's supposed to control the variable inlet is broken, and only connected with 1 vacum hose (the one pointing forward).

Will I not get fault-codes from ECU if this valve is disconnected?

If not I'm very tempted to do a GTi6 inlet conversion on this one, but haven't been able to wire in the K-light yet, so haven't really seen if it runs with or without fault-codes yet.

Miles

No fault codes at all, But you can disconnect most sensors and nothing will show up, Good old Bosch ECU's!

B1ack_Mi16
No fault codes at all, But you can disconnect most sensors and nothing will show up, Good old Bosch ECU's!

Ah, goody, guess we have to glue the acav system open on this one then, at least for a start.

pug309twin40s
Ah, goody, guess we have to glue the acav system open on this one then, at least for a start.

dont glue it open it will run s*it. although it will run crap with out it working but its better disconnected.

just get a new soleniod. only £19 from pug. dont know what the price would be where you are though.

ive got a spare but would cost more then worth proberbly to post to you.

Hilgie

I got pics from when I made mine fit the S16 head.

Anyway it would be easier to use the Mi16 inletmanifold as that does not require modification.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

B1ack_Mi16

When first talking about that ACAV inlet.

Can someone tell me where to attach the vacum-hoses on the electro-valve?

One hose was attached already when we got the engine, and that's the one that goes to the actuators to open-close the extra throttles (this is attached to the side of the valve where the wiring-plug connects to it).

The two other connections on the electrovalve is not connected to anything atm.

Can someone shed some light on where they're supposed to go?

Thanks.

I'll check price on a new valve, but usually if you send small items in bubble-plastic envelopes as letters it seem to be fairly cheap.

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

rikky

was wondering about that mi16 inlet manifold..

Miles

I didn;t do anything to mine and it fitted without any problems at all,

The nice thing about the 6 inlet is the nice big T/B

Hilgie

Miles, you problably removed the dowels? I left mine in that's why some grinding was needed.

Revla
hmm very interesting

d-9 the gti6 manifold doesnt fit a 2ltr head, the port spacing is different and so is trhe angle of the face of the head and this means it smacks against the bulk head and wont let the lower mount line back up.

or thats the case on a 306 with the s16 lump in it

It does fit - just takes alot of work!!

maxi
It does fit - just takes alot of work!!

Made my GTi6 exhaust manifold fit an XU9 head....even more work! ;);)

Maxi

Revla
Made my GTi6 exhaust manifold fit an XU9 head....even more work! :lol::D

Maxi

Which XU9 Maxi??

Trev

Kev-G
Which XU9 Maxi??

Trev

J4

Revla
Which XU9 Maxi??

Trev

I meant its the same thing as my XU10J4 head really is it not?

B1ack_Mi16
I meant its the same thing as my XU10J4 head really is it not?

Almost, you got 10 mounting studs for ex manifold and maxi's got 9.

Sign in to follow this