• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Chaep Dyna Mat?

brianthemagical

the interior is out of my car at the mo for cleaning and i want to cover the whole of the floor with dynamat of similar. does any one know anywhere to get it cheap in bulk(ish). i'm also after phono cable for interconnects with out the plugs on the end, to make my own leads, again any ideas?. thanks for the help.

Rom
the interior is out of my car at the mo for cleaning and i want to cover the whole of the floor with dynamat of similar. does any one know anywhere to get it cheap in bulk(ish). i'm also after phono cable for interconnects with out the plugs on the end, to make my own leads, again any ideas?. thanks for the help.

Yeah i bought some stuff from a place in Brighton,cant remeber the name. Basically whats used by bodyshops etc after repairs etc. Very similar to dynamat,but prob not as good, but a lot cheaper :P

Paintguy may well know

johno_78

for the dynamat, go to b&q or wickes. they will have something called flashing tape. you will need two layers to dynamats one layer, but it is very cheap in comparison.

for the phono leads, just go to a hi-fi shop. they have cable on the reel so you can get the exact length you need.

brianthemagical

thanks for the replies.

for the phono leads, just go to a hi-fi shop. they have cable on the reel so you can get the exact length you need

the home stuff isn't as good as car stuff, not shielded enough. i went to my local audio center (salop music center) and they only had hi-fi stuff whidh wasn't good enough apparently.

willxs

do a quick browse on ebay. theres quite abit and variety on there. i just bought 10sq foot for £20.

Paintguy
Yeah i bought some stuff from a place in Brighton,cant remeber the name. Basically whats used by bodyshops etc after repairs etc. Very similar to dynamat,but prob not as good, but a lot cheaper :P

Paintguy may well know

Generally known as Bodyline. Much cheaper than the brand names, but not quite as effective. Much better than flashing tape though!

There's quite a lot of bodyline in my car, 1 layer on the floor and bulkhead, and 3 in the doors. I bought 20 packs in one go to get it cheap, and sold some on.

DSC00024.sized.jpg

That's a lot of sound deadening :D

If you can justify the cost though, Second Skin is even better.

Sign in to follow this