• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Revla

Rear Beam Rubber Bush - Help!

Revla

Hello,

I've nearly finished a refurb of a 309 gti beam I aquired.

I ordered in a 5179.10 rubber seal for the anti roll bar end 'bracket' as listed

on the parts CD. This is too big, so should it be the 5172 24 as on the 205 beam

or the lesser 309 models. ;)

The beam is from a L plate 309 goodwood, probably a '92 car I think.........

Cheers

Trev

Revla

Bump!! :D

Revla

Anyone had this before??

taylorspug

Its the end plug that screws into the centre of the splined section on the end plate isnt it? Ive done a few beams now and never found a difference between this on any model of 205 or 309, regardless of model, so thats a little weird? The only difference from this point of view comes on the models without ARB setups on the rear, and ive only seen one of those.

Anyway on the parts CD I have access to, the number is listed as 5179 07, if thats any help? :D

Dan.

Revla
Its the end plug that screws into the centre of the splined section on the end plate isnt it? Ive done a few beams now and never found a difference between this on any model of 205 or 309, regardless of model, so thats a little weird? The only difference from this point of view comes on the models without ARB setups on the rear, and ive only seen one of those.

Anyway on the parts CD I have access to, the number is listed as 5179 07, if thats any help? :D

Dan.

Unfortunately not that plug!

Its the rubber seal which sits on the inside of the plate, on the outside of the internally splined protrusion!

Cheers

Trev

taylorspug

Ah ok i see it now. I dont *think* ive encountered this problem before. I do know there are two or three different kinds of trailing arm shaft, maybe this has something to do with it, seeing as the shaft presses into the arm there and the bush goes into the centre of it.

Maybe try to get hold of one of the 205 items and see if its any different? Ive got a few laying about from both 205 and 309 beams, il have a look and compare when im down the workshop in a bit.

huxley309

do you mean the rubber part that goes into the trailing arm on that l shaped bit of metal attached to the torsion bar?

if so the part number is 5172.24

ive got a pair of the rubber rings right in front of me :D

Edited by huxley309

Revla
do you mean the rubber part that goes into the trailing arm on that l shaped bit of metal attached to the torsion bar?

if so the part number is 5172.24

ive got a pair of the rubber rings right in front of me :ph34r:

Thats the kiddies!..........

Why are larger ones listed for the 309 gti - and don't fit??! :mellow:

boombang

They could be for the 309 Gti16 - that had differences over other 309 beams.

Revla
They could be for the 309 Gti16 - that had differences over other 309 beams.

You could be right, just that it was listed under XU9JA so assumed 8v.........

Cheers for the help fella's, ordered me a couple of 205 ones that will be in at my local

dealer tomorrow......... :P

welshpug

might be XU9J4 not A!!!

Anthony

I assume the 309 GTi-16 uses the larger ARB end plates found on sporty 306/ZX models, which need a larger sized rubber bush.

As you correctly thought, you need the same sized one as a 205 beam for a normal 309 GTi beam :)

de Noir

I can only confirm this.

Seal you're asking about refers to part no. 5179 10 crossmember seal DIAM 36 EP 17.

This is 309 GTI16V item.

Edited by MH_

Sign in to follow this