• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest larson

Clt/iat Sensors For Megasquirt

Guest larson

I am going to keep original Mi16 Bosch part 0 280 130 026 as coolant temperature sensor for Megasquirt ECU.

However I wonder if I can use the same (additional) part for intake air temperature pickup as well?

If GM Closed Element CLT / IAT Sensor can measure water/air temperature why Bosch part couldn't?

Engine is standard Mi16 (XU9J4).

Bosch part 0 280 130 026 technical data:

bosch_CLTsensor_0-280-130-026_drawi.gif

bosch_CLTsensor_0-280-130-026_tech_.gif

Don't want to fall into a habit to install American parts here and there on my little pug really ;)

Guest larson

And here is technical data for proper Bosch IAT Senders

bosch_IATsensors_tech_data.gif

The most notable difference is Thermal Time Constatnt value..

Edited by larson

madspikes

I used a standard Bosch 8v coolent temp sensor for both air and coolent temps (two sensors!) with my mega squirt. I just reprogrammed the MS using easytherm with the default Bosch settings. It worked ok, but I think the calibration values needed updating, as they both seemed to over read. In my final system I am going to use the GM IAT sensor, as it should react quicker to temp changes.

Mad.

Edited by madspikes

Guest larson

Thanks for reply, madspikes.

Will probably go GM route after all.

No need to play easyterm game at least :D

GM senders cost a little less than genuine Bosch parts and come with connectors.

Bosch IAT sender 0 280 130 039 was never installed on any Peugeot vehicle (I might be wrong though) so plus 1 different part to the puzzle.

On the other hand I really like Bosch technical data sheets with detailed characteristics of their parts..

madspikes

I think i'm going to stick with the bosch coolent sensor, unless the GM one has the same thread! I have'nt got around to sourcing a air temp sensor yet, so would be interested in where you can get them..

Mad. <_<

Sign in to follow this