• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest keithsto

Electrics

Guest keithsto

Hi,

I've been reading through old posts and I think I'm correct in saying that there are 2 water temp sensors in the thermostat housing that bolts to the side of the head (with only one wire to each) and one controls the warning light while the other controls the reading on the gauge. The water temp sensor for the ECU is bolted to the aluminium block that the SAD bolts to and has two terminals within it.

Similar for the oil, where the two sensors on the front of the block towards the cambelt end power the oil pressure warning light and oil pressure gauge seperately (oil temp sensor connected to the sump)

Why do they make it so complex? Surely the gauges could light up when the readings are high?

Anyhows not really whinging, I guess its a good backup given the dodgy electrics at times, I'm just trying to understand all the wiring at the moment while the head is off the car.

welshpug

yup, thats pretty much it, and they all go through the brown multiplug :P

Sign in to follow this