• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skeggyrik

New Fasteners, Pinch Bolts Etc.

skeggyrik

This might seem like an odd / stupid question but where do you all get your replacement nuts and bolts from?

I thinking in particular for things like wishbone pinch bolts, shock bolts and so on.

I don't want to be putting it all back together with old nuts and bolts as it doesnt look great and some of the nuts and bots are showing scars from previous mechanical attempts.

Is it a case of buying a tub of fasteners and picking what fits or can you get individual bits and bobs as required? If so where do you go?

sonofsam

Auto Five do them mate.

Once you know the size though, you can go to any nut and bolt shop.

miamistu

You can always try ebay or Namrick. Between them I usually get what I need. I've also got a local hardware shop that sell all sorts when I get stuck.

sonofsam

More importantly though is when the suspension bolts should be done up tight as not to preload any bushes.

Have the full weight of the car on them before you nip them up, probably with exception of the lower hub pinch bolt?

welshpug

yep, just get hight tensile bolts in the right dimensions and follow the torque settings in the manuals, If you have polybushes you dont need the weight on the car but in all other instances yes.

Peugeot is a good place to get the odd nuts with shoulders and whatnot like the ones used on alternator and PAS pumps, though if theyre just SD bolts any high tensile one will do the job.

I'm lucky in that I've got a bronzestockist a mile away and they make all manner of nuts and bolts, mainly In Stainless steel but also brass and High tensile steel

Sign in to follow this