• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chunkymonkey

Gti6 engine upgrades

chunkymonkey

ive been reading the puma racing website,(amazing, tell it like it is!!) yet i cant seem to find anything regarding the gti6

does anyone know if he carries out work on the gti6?

im not looking for mega bhp

just a few more ponnys with a good hand full of torque

my intentions are to get a programable ecu. ive read somewhere in archives that you can use all the gti sensors etc.does anyone know about this im sure it was petert who sugested this somewhere?

if this is correct what could be expected by the ecu alone,would it alone give me any benifets to my driving experiences

im slightly worried about the programable ecu because i,ve been reading some horror stories on this site regarding them

can anyone with geniune experience put my mind to rest regarding the programable ecu.

cheers gaz

damien

are you after information on the gti6 engine in general or a gti6 engine in a 205/309 or a 306 gti6?

my 306 gti6 is running 191 bhp at the wheels, ive got kent cams, headwork, bike bodies and kms management and some other little bits.

the gti6 engine responds well to cams and breather mods, there has been afew claims by 306 gti6 owners that decat, cams, induction kit and a remap of the OE ecu will see 200+ bhp, when i tryed this i didnt get the magic 200 but i guess it all depends on the engine

chunkymonkey

hi damien

its a 205 gti6 im just looking at options for future improvements

thanks for the reply

Hilgie

Dave of Pumaracing is not a big fan of the GTi6 engine, so I doubt you'll get info from him. Basically it is a good engine to begin with.

A pair of hairy CAT cams, quad 45 Jenvey throttlebodies and a programmable ECU will get you over 200bhp without probs.

Sign in to follow this