• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Megster

Rear Wheel Drive Conversion

Guest Megster

Hi,

I've just bought a bare 2 dr non sunroof shell as a long term project. I'd love to build a full on rwd rally car.

I've seen quite a few rwd 205s in competition - especially out in Ireland, some with bike engines, others with Vauxhall valver engines. Anyone know where I can find out more about this conversion?

Cheers - Alun

boombang

No idea on details of conversion but you won't be able to get a bike engined one log-booked anymore.

Guest Megster

Hi,

To be honest, I'd be building it for hillclimbing and I'd want a car engine in it. Bike engined cars need to be ultra low weight to be competitive in hillclimb.

Cheers - AJ

bazwad

Hi there.

I have over the last couple of years been looking into it too. havent found much on it but i did find someone who made a rwd 306! it is on the same lines and i know he used a toyota engine!!

http://www.306rwd.co.uk/indexf.htm

Rob_the_Sparky

Buy a BMW and spend the money making it faster rather than buy a Fwd car and spend money making it Rwd?

WooDooUK

There is a trike builders near me and they build a 205 with a CBR900 fireblade engine, but as your said they need to be ultralight to be quick, Can also be fairly limited to the width of tyres due to the lack of torque in a motorbike engine.

Batfink

how about getting a cheap caterham or similar and using its running gear in the 205

Sign in to follow this